Coming Soon - Bad Dragon David the Werewolf, Bad Dragon Dolphin, Je Joue Ami, Mello Wave Japanese Vibrator, Bad Dragon Tailstretcher Dildo, Melon Pure Lotion

10 April, 2011

Review - Sliquid Oceanics Lubricant



Sliquid Oceanics, botanically infused, water-based natural lubricant with carrageenan (shown in some lab tests to help prevent the spread of HPV), nori, and wakame (moisturizing).  Hypoallergenic, PH neutral, non-staining, vegan, mostly organic, no parabens, no glycerine, no animal testing, and made in the USA.  Additional ingredients include aloe, vitamin E, hibiscus (moisturizing and soothing), flax (healing), alfalfa, green tea (anti-inflammatory), and sunflower seed.  (see also Sliquid's information sheet on this product, if you have any remaining concerns)  It is plastic type 1, so should be recyclable in most cities.  This is one classy lube, people! ;)

The bottle is elegant and tasteful, and does not look like a sex product at all on first glance.  You could leave it on your bedstand and most people would probably think it was fancy lotion.  It's a squeeze bottle, so, not as easy as a pump, but you're more likely to get every last drop out of the bottle.

I am a fan of Sliquid products and I was excited to try this one out, since it sounded very body-friendly.  Let's see how it stacks up!  It has virtually no scent, if you sniff deeply, there is just a clean, slightly soapy smell.  It tastes like plastic, not too pleasant, and I would not recommend this for oral sex.  It is a fairly thin lube, but maintains a decently thick, even coating, and I think it mimics natural female lubrication very well!  It's a little bit sticky, like natural girl lube, as well.

As a water-based lube, it can be used with anything - flesh, silicone, glass, metal, latex, etc, and it washes up with ease.  Even just wiping it off worked surprisingly well as a temporary measure, if you plan on washing up later, it came off pretty easily, did not leave me feeling sticky at all, and it blended in with my natural fluids better than any other lube I have ever tried.  It it not prone to dripping everywhere and stays where you put it.

For those of you looking for a really natural feel, for vaginal sex, I think Sliquid Oceanics would be a wonderful lube to try.  I will definitely be preferring this as a sex lube in the future because it doesn't dry out quickly combined with my natural wetness, it just makes for a great boost when I need it, and it has a really great feel compared to most other lubes that I have tried in the past (which is quite a few, of all types).  This is also a good pick for health/medical needs because of the light, natural feel.

It would work for anal sex as well, but maybe not for a beginner, or for a larger toy or very girthy penis or fisting, or whatnot, you would probably want a thicker lube in that case.  Sliquid Oceanics simply did not seem spectacularly slick or thick to me, and thus not suitable for every single occasion where I would need lube, but superior in some respects.  Oceanics may be the best choice for outdoor sex and other non-home locations since it doesn't leave you feeling like you need to scrub it off immediately.

I used this with the Octopussy dildo, which I will be reviewing soon, and it was not quite thick enough to slick-up this toy, which is fairly thick and very bumpy, as well as I would like.

Ultimately, I give this lube a 4 out of 5!  It is uber-natural, has a great viscosity, and is suitable to most sexual occasions.

Sliquid Oceanics also appears to be very similar to Babeland Natural.


Shop Sex Toys from Babeland


Disclaimer - This product was provided to me as a Babeland Affiliate. However, all my reviews are completely thoughtful and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment